What’s happened lately?
GeNeus project comes to an end! After 30 months of output development, activities, testing and stakeholders’ involvement, all the partnership has finally achieved the objectives set at the beginning of our shared path. Through the last public events, partners managed to present the developed tools to SMEs, Public Administration and Post-secondary education institution representatives, ensuring the sustainability and the exploitation of the foreseen outputs.What was GENEUS about?
GENEUS - Gender Neutral Tools and Tests for selection processes is a 2-year project co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme – KA2: Strategic Partnership | VET. It involves 6 partners in 5 different countries: Austria, Bulgaria, Italy, Portugal and Spain. The GeNeus project aims at the development, promotion and mainstreaming of a Set of Matrices of Gender-Neutral Testing. The lifecycle of the project will include different phases which aim at improving recruitment and evaluation processes in the labour market and professional education, focusing on gender equality in performance and aptitude testing. The partnership of GeNeus has developed the following products:
- Generic report on national testing processes: based on a desk research and several interviews, this report collects information on how SMEs, Public Administration and Post-Secondary Professional Education deal with selection processes and testing system in Austria, Bulgaria, Italy, Portugal and Spain. It takes in account gender specific differences in the individual performance areas, and specific needs for equal opportunities of access for both genders, identifying possible existing best practices in the different partner countries.
- Set of Gender Neutral Selection Tools and Test: based on best practices and needs assessed, this document contains examples of Selection Tools for different areas of implementation in education and employment. The tools developed were tested with more than 1000 people: they were statistically analysed and – based on these results – tools have been developed and finalized.
- Guide on Implementation of Selection Tools and Test: this guide provides support on the implementation of the GeNeus gender-neutral tools and tests, ensuring its adequate utilization and guaranteeing a relevant and smooth implementation. It contains information on how to integrate this toolbox in the selection and evaluation processes, the target groups that can be accessed, its relevance, who may conduct these tools and tests as well as how to properly implement each one of the resources. The tools finally developed are:
- A Job Analysis Template;
- A General Competencies for Employment Questionnaire;
- Problem-solving Exercises;
- An Interview Template;
- An Evaluation Checklist of the applicant.
- Sets of Application of Gender-Neutral Testing for SMEs: addressed to SMEs, NGOs, consultancies, counselling services, assessment centres, VET providers, it introduces the set of gender neutral tools and tests developed by the partnership, providing both an overview on SMEs in Europe and the importance of the use of gender-neutral tools in the recruitment and selection phase in the working context. The Guide is a crucial document to support SMEs in implementing the selection process avoiding gender bias, focusing the usage of these gender-neutral tools on the working profile and competences needed by the SMEs context.
- Set of Application of Gender-Neutral Testing for Public Administration: Together with the suggestions on the implementation of the gender-neutral tools, the document gives space to a decalogue addressed to the PA sector on gender neutral in guidance, recruitment and selection process to avoid gender biases, especially Public Administrations, within their function as institutions that must ensure equality and non-discrimination. Finally, recommendations and validation on the tools are provided by experience experts, thus allowing the successful usage of the proposed toolkit.
- Set of Application of Gender-Neutral Testing for Post-Secondary Professional Education: addressed to decision makers in job orientation centres regarding study choice at high school and university level, post-secondary education institutes, it gives an overview on Post-Secondary Professional Education in Europe, focusing on the sector in each partner country. Moreover, it introduces guidelines on how to use the GeNeus Tools for Post-Secondary Education and Training Organizations, explaining how to better implement them in this working context.
You can download all the above-mentioned results at the following link: http://www.bimec-bg.eu/projects/geneus-project
For further information on the project results, please, contact the national contact of the project: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinator: Frauen im Brennpunkt / Austria www.fib.at
- Inova+ / Portugal www.inovamais.eu
- Instituto Politecnico of Porto / Portugal www.ipp.pt
- Bimec / Bulgaria www.bimec-bg.eu
- Centro per lo sviluppo creativo "Danilo Dolci"/ Italy www.danilodolci.org
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.